At Tuesday’s meeting:
- the Council discussed a proposal that would create a land use classification to address short-term housing for the terminally ill and seriously ill. The Council will hold a public hearing on this topic on March 26.
- the Council received an update about how the “Funding Our Future” sales tax revenue has been used toward public safety resources and staffing.
- the Council adopted a resolution approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between the City and Utah Transit Authority. The agreement outlines areas of responsibility and cooperation in the use of sales tax revenue for expanded bus service in key areas of the City.
- the Council recognized outgoing City Attorney Margaret Plane who served the City for 12 years. Council Members commended her for her integrity, intelligence, and trustworthiness and said they will miss her dearly.
- Council Member Ana Valdemoros took a moment during the formal meeting to thank her supporters and express her excitement about representing District Four in the months to come.