Salt Lake City

Justice Court

333 S 200 E, PO Box 145499, Salt Lake City UT 84111


How much is my citation/ticket and how do I pay my citation/ticket?

You may look up the bail amount by looking it up on our Bail Code Look Up link. Click here.

You may also check to see if you may pay online, the amount will appear, when you enter your information (citation#, case# or driver’s license#). Click here.

Methods of payment

You may pay your citation online with a debit or credit card, in-person (cash-debit-credit cards accepted) or mail in your payment (do not mail cash). You may also make payment arrangements. The following is the Court contact information:

Salt Lake City Justice Court
333 South 200 East
PO Box 145499
Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Online payments: click here.

Hours of Operation: 8:00am – 5:00pm (M-F)
Phone Hours: 8:30am – 4:00pm (M-F)
Phone Number: (801)535-6300
Click here for driving directions.




Small Claims

Jury Day Phone: (801)535-6430 (M-F 8:30am to 4:00pm)
Jury Email:

To determine if you have been selected for Jury or to complete the Juror Questionnaire, click on the following link:  Once you are at the site, input your 10 digit juror number found on your letter.

ADA Accommodation
ADA Notice: If you are a party to a case, a witness or prospective juror and you need special accommodations (including communication aids and services) during an upcoming proceeding, please call the Salt Lake City Justice Court at (801)535-6300, or fax the court at (801)535-6302 at least three business days before the proceeding.

When is my court date?

You may view the court calendar by, clicking here. . The calendar updates daily and has a thirty day view. You may search by name or case number by pressing Ctrl-F on your keyboard. A “Find” box will appear, type in the name or case number and click “next”.  If a name or case number is found, your cursor will be placed on the name or the case number.  If you cannot find your name in the court calendar, please call the court for more information at (801)535-6300.

Do I have a warrant?

You may look up your warrant by clicking on the following link:   Utah Statewide Warrant Search.  Input your name to search for warrants.

Traffic School information. How much is it? When is it held?

Traffic School Eligibility

If you receive a traffic citation you may be eligible for a plea in abeyance (traffic school) and have your citation reported as a dismissal to the Driver License Division. Plea in abeyance (traffic school) is not an option if you were cited for speeding in a school zone. If you were involved in an accident and are interested in traffic school, you must contact a Judicial Assistant by phone or in person, to find out if you qualify.  If you have a CDL, please contact the court.  You may qualify for a plea in abeyance (traffic school) if the following conditions are met:

  1. Pay to the Court the violation fee plus a plea in abeyance fee ($25), first. The traffic school fee of $65.00 will be paid online before you begin traffic school.
  2. The traffic violation does not involve a mandatory court appearance;
  3. The traffic violation does not involve speeding cited for more than 20 mph over the posted speed limit.
  4. The City Prosecutor has approved the plea in abeyance if a traffic violation involves an accident and restitution has been addressed.
  5. Defendant is willing to plead guilty.
  6. A plea in abeyance fee of $25.00 is assessed.
  7. The fee assessed conforms to the Uniform Bail Schedule for the cited speed.
  8. It is the first traffic offense in a twelve month period within our jurisdiction.
  9. The defendant agrees to complete Tier 1 traffic school within 60 days.
  10. Defendant has less than 4 traffic offenses within a 5 year period in any jurisdiction.
  11. Complete traffic school. Once all the conditions have been met and verified by the court, your completed plea in abeyance agreement will be docketed and submitted. 
  12. Online Traffic School.  Before proceeding to take online traffic school, you must pay your citation online including the plea in abeyance fee first.  An authorization code that is required for online traffic school, will appear on your receipt after you pay online. After you have made your citation payment online and received an authorization code, you may proceed to online traffic school; click here.  Once all the conditions have been met and verified by the court, your completed plea in abeyance agreement will be docketed and submitted to the court.
  13. Although the court offers an in-house and online traffic school, you also have the option of your choice of traffic school through other entities.

You must immediately notify the court of any change of address or phone number. Keep a copy of your plea in abeyance form for your record(s).

Court Location and Hours. Where are you located? Where do I park?

Salt Lake City Justice Court:  333 South 200 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84114    Phone Number:  (801)535-6300   Parking & Driving Directions: click here

Hours:  8:00 AM – 5:00PM (M-F)      Phone Hours:  8:30AM – 4:00PM (M-F)

You may choose one of many public parking garages, city parking pay stations, or pay lots involving a fee for which you will be responsible.

I received a citation for No Insurance, but had insurance, what do I do?

If you have received a traffic citation for No Insurance, the court requests proof of insurance on letterhead from your insurance carrier.  The following information must be on letterhead and faxed to (801)535-6302 or emailed to

  • Your Full Name
  • Court Case Number
  • Attention:  Traffic
  • Date of Coverage (must be covered on the date of violation)
  • Make of Vehicle
  • Policy Number
  • Agent Phone Number
  • Agent’s Signature

What could happen if I were to plead guilty? 

The Judge would get your side of what happened and would look at any police reports, drivers license records and any other information to make a decision on your case.

I was appointed a Legal Defender, how do I contact them?

Salt Lake Legal Defenders
275 East 200 South
Salt Lake City UT 84111
Phone:  (801)532-5444     Website:

I received a “fix it” violation, what do I do?

If you receive a citation for equipment violation and have proof of compliance, take your vehicle to a local law enforcement officer OR a Salt Lake City Justice Court Judicial Assistant to check for compliance, and sign off on the bottom of your citation, then either mail in the signed off citation or bring it in to court, so your citation may be dismissed. You must comply within 14 days of your citation, in order for your citation to be dismissed.

What if I cannot afford to pay the fine all at once?

If you cannot afford to pay the entire fine at once, you may request either an extension or a payment plan. Judicial Assistants may grant extensions, normally up to 30 days.  If you need a payment plan, you must pay the first payment at the time the plan is set. Monthly payments are made until the fine is paid. Automatic monthly payments on a debit or credit card may be arranged.

If I have to miss a payment, how do I contact the judge?

You may submit an online Request to Judge form to request an extension after the payment plan has been set, OR, if you have another request you may use the request to judge form. Questions may be addressed via email.  A hearing maybe required.  You will receive a response via email.

What are the statute of limitations for filing a Small Claims case?

The time limits, or statute of limitations for filing a small claims case vary depending on the type of case. Refer to Utah Code Website for general rules concerning statutes of limitations.

Do I need an attorney in Small Claims case?

No. Small Claims is informal. You do not need to retain a lawyer to sue in Small Claims Court. However, if you feel that you need an attorney, you may do so.

Who uses the court on Small Claims cases and when?

Any individual or business may use small claims court, if the problem can be settled for monetary purposes only at $15,000 or less, and if the court has jurisdiction over the matter.

Legal Resources

Utah State Bar list of Legal Clinics

Modest Means Lawyer Referral Program