The Guadalupe Neighborhood is located between North Temple and 600 North and Interstate-15 and the railroad tracks at 500 West. Guadalupe was established as an agricultural village by Mormon settlers soon after their arrival in 1847 and was divided into large lots on ten-acre blocks. Wide streets, irrigation ditches and small adobe houses characterized the neighborhood.
With the arrival of the railroad in 1870, the Guadalupe Neighborhood was isolated from the rest of the Capitol Hill Community. As railroad associated land development occurred, much of Guadalupe developed with commercial and industrial uses. By 1900 the present character of Guadalupe was established.