Seniors (62 years of age and older) and individuals with disabilities (under federal guidelines) whose income is below 80% of median income are qualified to receive assistance with small household repairs.
We will require income documentation including pay stubs, social security or pension award letters. If income is obtained from retirement account a copy of your last tax return will be requested. Income for all household members must be included.
WE WILL DO THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF REPAIRS:
- Start-up/shut-down swamp cooler
- Install motion activated outdoor lights
- Install dead bolts
- Install window locks
- Install smoke or CO detectors
- Correct toilet leaks
- Replace broken or damaged toilet or sink with similar (no upgrades allowed)
- Install or repair faucets, including replacement cartridges
- Un-clog or repair drains
- Install grab bars
- Install threshold
- Install new door knobs
- Re-Caulk bathtubs
- Re-Caulk or weather strip windows
- Weather strip doors
- Re-glaze windows
- Clean rain gutters
- Repair rain gutters
- Minimal electrical such as outlet/switch or fixture replacement. Must be like for like
- Check fuse or breaker
- Tree and brush trimming – only if they encroach on the roof or walls and are causing damage to the structure.
- Other repairs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Repairs are offered free to qualified homeowners. The maximum amount awarded per household is $500.00 per year.
For more information on any of our programs call us today at (801) 535-7228,
or email HANDtech@slcgov.com. Se habla Español.
Once you have completed your application, save to your computer and then email to: HANDtech@slcgov.com.