HOUSING TRUST FUND
The Salt Lake City Housing Trust Funds was created by the Mayor and City Council in 2000 to address the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Salt Lake City by providing assistance for affordable and special needs housing within the City. Housing sponsors/developers may apply to the City for a loan from the Housing Trust Fund in order to provide affordable and/or special needs housing.
Applications are accepted year round.
Check out the Community Impact page to view a map of the projects that have benefited from the Housing Trust Fund since 2000.
Housing Trust Fund
The City is interested in working with housing developers who want to provide affordable housing. This low-interest, flexible termed financing option may be just the ticket for you. Please contact Baylee White for more information prior to starting an application.
The Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board has the following powers and duties:
- Make recommendations to the Salt Lake City Administration on ordinances and regulations it deems in the public’s best interest for the purpose of carrying out the City’s affordable housing objectives.
- Consult with experts in areas such as finance, real estate, and affordable housing development to obtain advice on specific projects
- Advise and recommend suggestions to the City Administration and City Council on affordable housing and special needs housing issues.
- May recommend fund monies or assets be provided to activities that meet the Housing Trust Fund requirements.
- Review each request for monies from the Housing Trust Fund and make recommendations to the Administration and the City Council.
For more information contact Baylee White at (801) 535-7698.