Short Term Disability (SDI)
For employees covered under Plan B, SDI is provided by the City at no cost to the employee and provides income protection if you are unable to perform your duties due to a non-work related illness or injury. See Salt Lake City Voluntary Benefits for optional, additional coverages for purchase.
- Based on years of continuous City employment, benefit is paid at 662/3% or 100% of monthly salary up to 12 weeks (See chart below).
- Benefits are paid through direct deposit.
- Claims are administered by a third-party, Disability Insurance Services.
- SDI can run concurrent with FMLA.
For more information, see the full SDI Booklet.
E: email@example.com | P: 801-535-7121 | F: 801-535-6255
|Length of Employment||Benefit Period 100%||Benefit Period 66 2/3%|
|0 – 6 months||2 weeks||None|
|6 months – 2 years||2 weeks||4 weeks|
|2 – 4 years||4 weeks||4 weeks|
|4 – 6 years||6 weeks||6 weeks|
|6 – 8 years||10 weeks||2 weeks|
|8 – 10 years||11 weeks||1 week|
|10 years +||12 weeks||None|
Short Term Disability Forms
- Use the SDI packet if you need to take leave for your own illness or injury and FMLA does not apply.
- This booklet provides an SDI program description