The Regional Athletic Complex (RAC) recently began using a fertilization product called Agri-Inject. The fertilizer is distributed to the sports fields through the RAC’s regular irrigation system during normal watering times. Agri-Inject distributes fertilizer by connecting an injection valve to the irrigation system then a liquid mix of fertilizers is dispersed evenly throughout the irrigated areas.
How will the new fertilization system benefit the RAC?
- Precision: Fertilizer is applied through precise measurements and timing. This reduces product waste and ensures maximum turf health throughout the season.
- Effectiveness: Many fertilizers are more effective when applied with water or through an irrigation system.
- Ease of Use: Through Agri-Inject the fertilization schedule is automated which allows staff members to focus on other maintenance needs throughout the complex.
- Sustainability: The system allows for reduced use of chemical fertilizers minimizing the environmental impact of fertilizing the RAC’s 16 fields.
- Safety: Human exposure to fertilizer is minimized and the likelihood of over-application or spills is reduced.