Adopt – A – Spot
Trails and Natural Lands’ Adopt-A-Spot Program partners with organized groups of volunteers to perform valuable trail maintenance, stewardship projects and vegetation restoration work. Through this unique program, volunteer adopters carry out regular maintenance throughout the year. By volunteering to care for a particular segment, Adopt-A-Spot participants develop a sense of ownership and pride in their personal piece of open space. The work is fun and gratifying. We have many segments that need volunteer adopters!
Performing adopt-a-spot stewardship work provides numerous benefits to groups and individuals:
- Trail maintenance and restoration work is fun, builds camaraderie, and can become an anticipated annual event for an organization or business
- Hands-on stewardship activities bring satisfaction knowing your work will benefit the Salt Lake City’s Trails and Open Space for generations
- Adopting a spot can give your business or group valuable public exposure to local community members, recreational enthusiasts, and the broader community
- Giving back is a great way to meet people while spending time in some of Salt Lake City’s most beautiful places
To make the Adopt-a-Spot partnership mutually beneficial, TNL asks that groups commit to provide the following on an annual basis:
- As a group, provide at least 150 hours of annual of volunteer labor.
- Communicate planned clean-up/maintenance dates and report required site and volunteer effort information to TNL’s Volunteer Coordinator
- Adopt-a-Spot Leader must attend an Adopt-A-Spot Volunteer Orientation and complete a walk-through of the adopted spot with a Trails & Natural Lands crew member.
To become an Adopt-A-Spot partner, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Katie Riser, at (801) 514-5059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.