This Online Open House will provide an opportunity for you to review information about the proposal and provide any questions or comments. This Open House meeting will be an electronic meeting pursuant to Salt Lake City Emergency Proclamation No. 2 of 2020 (2)(b).
700 N Partial Street Closure
Petition Number: PLNPCM2020-00147
Salt Lake City has received a petition from property owner Bethany Christensen requesting that the City close a portion of the 700 N right-of-way in front of two properties located at 1612 W 700 N and 1614 W 700 N respectively. One property is currently zoned CB (Community Business) while the other is zoned R-1/5000 (Single-Family Residential). The applicant would like to vacate the large triangular easement located in front of the subject properties in order to purchase the vacated area and incorporate the land into the adjacent parcels. The total area that is proposed to be vacated is approximately 5,658 square feet (0.13 acres) in size and it has not been developed.
Approximately 1612 W 700 N and 1614 W 700 N
- The Planning Division is in the process of obtaining public comment on this project to help identify concerns and issues from the public. Notice has been sent to the Community Council Chair(s) for this area.
- The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing and will make a recommendation to City Council on the proposal. The Planning Commission public hearing will be scheduled at a future date.
- The City Council will hold a public hearing and will make a final decision on the Street Closure application. The City Council public hearing will be scheduled at a future date.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of the Public Comment Period: July 13, 2020
- End of the Public Comment Period: August 14, 2020
David J. Gellner // email@example.com // 801-535-6107
(phone numbers are currently available for voicemails only)
Please note that public comments will still be accepted up until the date of the Planning Commission public hearing.
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.