This Online Open House will provide an opportunity for you to review information about the proposal and provide any questions or comments. This Open House meeting will be an electronic meeting pursuant to Salt Lake City Emergency Proclamation No. 2 of 2020 (2)(b).
Request for a Certificate of Appropriateness
Yalecrest Historic District Signage
Petition Number: PLNHLC2020-00990
Zoning District: N/A
City Council District: 6, Represented by Daniel E. Dugan
The proposed project includes the installation of two types of historic designation signs in and around the Yalecrest National Historic District.
Eight signs cast in bronze on the periphery of the Yalecrest National Historic District, or within 800 and 1300 South and 1300 and 1900 East.
Twelve signs defining the Local Historic Districts within the Yalecrest neighborhood. These signs will be installed atop of the existing street name signs. The material of these signs will match the stock material for the existing street name signs. In keeping with typical historic signage color designation, the proposed base color will be brown with white lettering.
Located approximately at the periphery of the Yalecrest National Historic District, or within 800 and 1300 South and 1300 and 1900 East.
- The KEEP Yalecrest group was awarded funds from the Salt Lake City Council for these signs.
- The Planning Division would like to get public comments through this virtual Open House along with the opportunity for the Yalecrest Neighborhood Council to review this project.
- After the opportunity for comments, the Planning Division will decide whether to issue a Certificate of Appropriateness for the signs to be installed.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: December 14, 2020
- End of the Public Comment Period: January 11, 2021.
Katia Pace // email@example.com // 385 226-8499
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards.