This Online Open House will provide an opportunity for you to review information about the proposal and provide any questions or comments. This Open House meeting will be an electronic meeting pursuant to the Salt Lake City Emergency Proclamation.
Conditional Use for a Detached Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) 738 E 1700 S
Petition Number: PLNPCM2021-00259
Zoning District: R-1/7000 Single-Family Residential
City Council District: 7, Represented by Amy Fowler
Cody Cowley, property owner, is requesting conditional use approval to convert the loft space above the detached 2-car garage into an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) located at approximately 738 E 1700 S. No changes to the exterior are proposed. This request requires Planning Commission approval.
Property located at approximately at 738 E 1700 S.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Sugarhouse Community Council, East Liberty Park Community Organization (ELPCO), and Liberty Wells Community Council. Please contact the Community Council Chairs for more information on the scheduled meeting. You can find information regarding community councils at https://www.slc.gov/community-councils/.
- Notification will be sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project.
- Notified recognized community organizations are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled. During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, while considering public comments as they relate to the Conditional Use standards.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and decide on the matter.
- If the Planning Commission approves the request, the project will move to the building permit review.
- Sugarhouse Community Council – Land Use & Zoning Committee Meeting scheduled for Monday, May 17th at 6:00 PM via Zoom. For more details, please visit Sugarhouse Community Council.
- Tentative public hearing date is scheduled for Wednesday, June 23rd at 5:30 PM. For details on how to watch or participate during a public hearing, please visit https://www.slc.gov/planning/public-meetings/planning-commission-agendas-minutes/.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: May 3, 2021
- End of the Public Comment Period: June 4, 2021
Linda Mitchell // firstname.lastname@example.org // 385-386-2763
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.