Coachman Mixed Use @ 1301 S State Street
Petition Number: PLNPCM2021-00898
Zoning District: FB-UN2 (Form Base Urban Neighborhood 2)
Council District: District 5, Represented by Darin Mano
Address: 1301 S State Street
Salt Lake City has received a request from Ryan Mackowiak, representing the property owner, for a Planned Development to build the Coachman Mixed Use at 1301 S State Street. The development would consist of a 6-stories building with underground parking, restaurant/commercial on the street level, structured parking/office space on the second level, and approximately 112 condominiums on the three floors above. The project is proposed to be 1-bedroom & 2-bedroom owner occupied condos.
At the sidewalk level, the building will have three separate and distinct spaces divided by vehicular and pedestrian access points. The floors above the ground level will be contiguous 543.75 feet. This property was recently zoned FB-UN2 (Form Base Urban Neighborhood 2) zoning district and the maximum length of any building façade facing a street in the FB-UN2 is two hundred feet (200′). A Planned Development will be required to allow for the increase in the length of the building façade.
Located at approximately 1301 S State Street.
- Notice will be sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Liberty Wells, Central City, and Ballpark Community Councils, and a meeting may be schedule with one of these groups. Information regarding community councils can be found at Community Council Information.
- Community Councils are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled. During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
- If the Planning Commission approves the request, the applicant will be able to submit a building permit for the project, which would be reviewed by the Building Services Division.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: October 18, 2021
- End of the Public Comment Period: November 22, 2021
Katia Pace // email@example.com // 801-535-6354
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.