Zoning Map Amendment
130 N 2100 W AFPP Rezone
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00833
Application Type: Zoning Map Amendment
Zoning District: TSA-MUEC- T (Transit Station Area Mixed Use Employment Center Transition Zone)
Overlay District: AFPP Zone B (Airport Flight Protection Path Overlay District Zone B)
Council District: District 1
Salt Lake City has received a zoning map amendment request to remove 130 N 2100 W from the Airport Flight Path Protection Overlay District Zone B, described under City Code 21A.34.040. The underlying zone, TSA-MUEC-T, is not proposed to change. The intent of the rezone request is to allow the existing hotel to accommodate the use of the hotel for deeply affordable transitional housing. Residential uses are not permitted in the AFPP Zone B but are allowed in the underlying TSA zone. According to the applicant, ASSIST Inc., “Specifically, the project will utilize, retrofit, remodel, and expand the existing hotel building to become a 94-unit, single-room occupancy residential facility for individuals transitioning out of homelessness. In addition to the 94 SRO units, the remodeled facility will provide community amenities (clubhouse, kitchen, laundry facilities, community room, lounge, community gardens, etc.), case management offices, and administration spaces for operational support.”
Property located at approximately 130 N 2100 W.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Jordan Meadows Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair of the organization to determine whether the community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information is as follows:
- India Nielsen, Acting Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a recommendation to the City Council.
- The City Council will hold another public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community
Public Comments and Questions
The public comment period closed on November 6, 2022. For additional information on this project please contact the staff planner.
During and following the comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Krissy Gilmore, Senior Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7780