Sixth South Life Sciences Building
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-01192
Zoning Districts: D-1 (Central Business District)
Council District: D4 – Represented by Ana Valdemoros
The proposed development at 161 W 600 S is for a new mixed-use building (Life Sciences Building) with bio-medical, retail, and office. The building is proposed at 12 floors and approximately 174 feet tall (203 feet at the tallest point). Retail and lobby space will be provided on the ground level. The top six floors will include the lab and office space with the lower six floors designated for above-grade parking.
Mid-block buildings over 100’ are required to go through Design Review. The applicant is also requesting Design Review to modify the maximum setback requirement along 600 South. The maximum setback is 5 feet; however, due to the Rocky Mountain Power high-volage powerlines along 600 South, the applicant is requesting a setback of 10 feet.
Located at approximately 161 W. 600 South.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Downtown Community Council), where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Bryan Hill – email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: January 23, 2023
- End of Comment Period: March 6, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Krissy Gilmore, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7780