This Online Open House has been closed, a revised design was submitted and approved under petition number: PLNTSD2023-00178. For additional information regarding this decision please contact the Staff Planner listed under the “Public Comments and Questions” section of this page. Thank you!
52 S 800 W – Design Review
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00387
Zoning District: TSA-UN-T (Transit Station Area-Urban Neighborhood Station-Transition Area)
Council District: District 2, Represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City has received a request from Jarod Hall, representing the property owner, seeking modifications to design standards through the Design Review process for a multi-family development. The proposal is for a 64’ apartment building consisting of 89 units at 52 S 800 W. The property is in the TSA-UN-T Transit Station Area Urban Neighborhood Transition zoning district. The design standard modifications being requested are for ground floor use, glazing, screening of service areas, and driveway width.
Properties approximately 52, 54, 60 S. 800 W.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chairs of the Poplar Grove and Fairpark Community Councils, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Esther Stowell, Poplar Grove Community Council, email@example.com
- Nigel Swaby, Fairpark Community Council, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
Start of Comment Period: May 25, 2023
End of Comment Period: July 8, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Madison Blodgett, Associate Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7749
Andy Hulka, Inland Port Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6608