Last updated on October 15, 2020.
PARKING UPDATE: Effective November 1, 2020, Salt Lake City will resume enforcement of several parking ordinances that were suspended in March. Click the “Compliance” tab below for more information about this update.
Salt Lake City Mayor Erin Mendenhall has issued a declaration of a State of Local Emergency due to the spread of COVID-19 and is providing continuing guidance for our city as the situation evolves. For the latest updates from Mayor Mendenhall, please visit slc.gov/mayor/covid-19/
Public Services consists of 10 divisions and continues to operate during these challenging times. Many of our staff and programs are considered to be essential and, as such, we are striving to continue essential operations while observing the prescriptive measures associated with COVID-19, including the State of Utah’s prohibition on gatherings of more than 10 people.
The following outlines each of our division’s current operations and includes contact information. If you need us, please reach out. We are available to assist over the phone, by email, or through SLC Mobile. However, please note that the City & County Building (City Hall) is closed until further notice due to earthquake impacts.
All employees in this division are currently working remotely. To contact Public Services’ Office of the Director, please click here.
For more information, please visit slc.gov/parks/city-cemetery/
Effective November 1, 2020, Salt Lake City will resume enforcement of several parking ordinances that were suspended in March. The following parking ordinances and allowances will be reinstated:
- Time Limited Parking On Certain Streets (Ord. 12.56.450)
- Using Streets For Storage Prohibited (Ord. 12.56.520)
- Using Streets For Storage Of Motor Homes, Boats And Trailers Prohibited (Ord. 12.56.525)
- No Stopping Or Parking; Color Markings And Signs (12.56.310B)
- The parking of self-contained recreation vehicles on City streets
From October 15 – October 31, 2020, vehicle owners who are not in compliance with any of the above ordinances will be informed about the upcoming enforcement changes with a warning citation that will not require payment.
If you have any questions, please call the Compliance Division’s office at 801-535-6628. For more information about Compliance and parking in Salt Lake City, please click here.
Please find contact information for Salt Lake City’s special events permitting team at https://www.slc.gov/eventpermits/
Currently, our Facilities teams continue to operate, with modifications to be compliant with social distancing protocol. Their work may be limited to lighter duty to support fewer instances where social distancing becomes a concern.
For more information or to contact the Facilities Division, please click here.
*We do our best to keep this list updated, but please check slcgolf.com for the most up-to-date information.
- All tee times must be reserved and prepaid online at slcgolf.com.
- Stay home if you are sick, have been around someone who has been sick, or if you or someone you’ve been in contact with has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks are required to be worn inside the clubhouse areas.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times and at all locations on the golf course, practice greens, clubhouse restrooms, and parking lots.
- Golfers will be called to the first tee based on their tee time. Golfers must arrive at the course at least 20 minutes before their reserved time and should be ready to be called to the tee within 5 minutes of their tee time. While waiting, golfers must be sure to not congregate in large groups (10+ people) and must maintain 6 feet of social distance between others.
- Be aware that singles, twosomes, and threesomes will be paired with other players during busy times.
- On-course portable restrooms are not available. Clubhouse restrooms will be available and frequently sanitized, but we encourage players to plan ahead.
- Golf course cafes are open
- No club set rentals.
- We encourage players to download the SLC Golf Mobile App which has score keeping and GPS functions.
- On-course ball washers have either been removed or covered.
- All bunker rakes have been removed from the courses.
- All cups have been raised or otherwise altered, removing the need to touch the flag stick.
Salt Lake City’s Golf Division appreciates your patience and asks for your continued support through adherence to the posted restrictions. Please visit slcgolf.com for more information and updates.
For a complete list of current park restrictions and guidelines, please visit slc.gov/parks/public-lands-covid-19-precautionary-measures/
If you have any questions, please call the Parks Division at 801-535-7800, or click here for more contact information.
If you have any questions, please call us at 801-535-2345 or visit our webpage by clicking here.
Trails & Natural Lands
For a complete list of current park restrictions and guidelines, please visit slc.gov/parks/public-lands-covid-19-precautionary-measures/.
If you have any questions, please call the Trails & Natural Lands Division at 801-535-7800, or click here for more contact information.
For more information on Public Lands’ COVID-19 precautionary measures, please visit slc.gov/parks/public-lands-covid-19-precautionary-measures/
If you have any questions, please call Urban Forestry at 801-535-7818, or click here for more contact information.
Youth & Family
Please click the following link for the latest information on Youth & Family programs: https://www.slc.gov/youthandfamily/
Visit the following webpage for the latest information on the Sorenson Community Campus: https://www.slc.gov/youthandfamily/sorensoncommunitycampus/
Contact information for Salt Lake City’s Youth & Family Division at https://www.slc.gov/youthandfamily/