Dear Sugar House Business Community,
Thank you for your patience as we ensure that the area is safe for you, your employees and your customers. We are providing a quick update on the recent fire and its impacts to road/business closures.
Please review the latest information below:
*We will continue to update this page as new information become available*
- Wilmington is open East of Highland Drive
- Highland Drive is open S of Wilmington Ave
- All businesses east of Highland may remain open
- The City’s third-party structural engineer deemed that a collapse radius still requires the closure of the following businesses: Buffalo Wild Wings, Cubby’s, and Cold Stone
- Standard Optical and business North of Cold Stone are open
- Elm Street businesses SLC Med Spa, SportClips, Mochinut, and Real Advantage remain closed due to glass actively falling onto the sidewalk
- Patrons have access to The Vue underground parking garage at the SW corner at McClelland at Elm Avenue.
- Phase 1 Demolition is slated to begin on Tuesday, November 8th.
- It is likely that the staging of heavy equipment will keep Highland closed through the next week, but The City will closely monitor the demolition to ensure Highland opens as soon as safely possible.