Click here to TAKE THE SURVEY!
We’re currently in the study phase of the project, which will provide opportunities to share ideas and comments. To stay informed, send us an email with the word “Updates” in the subject line or give us a call anytime.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline: 888-966-6624
- Social Media: @SLCGOV & @SLCMoves | #300WestSLC
The Funding Our Future street reconstruction projects will build safer, more accessible and more welcoming streets that accommodate all ages and abilities. These transformative projects will allow for future growth and changes in transportation while focusing on moving people – not just cars. With input from the community at every stage, Funding Our Future projects are designed to not only solve transportation problems, but also beautify the communities they serve, promote public health, and create a more sustainable environment.
In 2021 and 2022, we’ll be reconstructing 300 West, from 500 South to 2100 South. Project improvements will include upgrades to curb and gutter to improve drainage, upgrades to sidewalks and bus stops to increase safety and access for people walking and taking transit, in addition to other street enhancements to increase mobility, transportation options, and air quality.
As part of the decision-making process for the redesign of the new street, we’ll incorporate the results obtained from the project survey, along with public comments, technical analysis, safety data, and we’ll also follow the city’s Complete Streets Ordinance, Transportation Plans, Climate 2040 Plan, in addition to Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) guidelines.
This $17 million project will be funded via the Funding our Future streets reconstruction Bond approved by voters in November 2018.
· Safer and more accessible roadway for bicycle, pedestrian, and alternative modes of movement
· Reduced barriers to access and promote accessibility and active transportation
· Welcoming and attractive corridor that provides infrastructure to support future growth and economic development
· Add ADA improvements
These goals will be refined based on public input. Please share your ideas with us. Take the survey here.
Project Area Map
Current Pavement and Travel Conditions
Need to Improve Connectivity to Transit Services
Need to Enhance and Increase Active Transportation
- Wasatch Front Regional Council, Wasatch Choice 2050
- Wasatch Front Regional Council, Transportation Improvement Program
- Wasatch Front Regional Council, 2019-2050 Regional Transportation Plan
- Wasatch Front Regional Council, 2015-2040 Regional Transportation
- Wasatch Front Regional Council, 2015-2040 Regional Priority Bicycle Network
- Wasatch Front Regional Council, Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- Utah Transit Authority, 2040 Strategic Plan
- Utah Department of Transportation, 2015-2040 Utah Unified Transportation Plan
- Salt Lake County, Active Transportation Implementation Plan
- Salt Lake County, East/West Trails Master Plan
- Salt Lake County, Global Transit and Investment Plan
- Salt Lake City, Growing SLC: A Five-Year Housing Plan
- Salt Lake City, Life on State: Existing Condition Analysis
- Salt Lake City, 2017-2020 Strategic Economic Development Plan
- Salt Lake City, Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan
- Salt Lake City, Transit Master Plan
- Salt Lake City, Transportation Master Plan
- Salt Lake City, Transportation Action Plan
- Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City, Project Areas
- Mountainland Association of Governments, Wasatch Front 2050 Central Corridor Study
- City of South Salt Lake, East Streetcar Master Plan
- City of South Salt Lake, Strategic Economic Development Plan
- City of South Salt Lake, Downtown Master Plan
- How 21st Century Transportation Networks Help New Urban Economies Boom