UATP Center for Persons with Disabilities is offering equipment to people, to be borrowed for up to 90 days, to help assist with communication, living independently, and to move more independently.
To borrow a device call 800-524-5152 or visit http://www.uatpat.org/demo_loan.
- For the Blind: Freedom Scientific is now offering JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion free of charge for personal computers at home until June 30, 2020.
- Need COVID-19 testing, but don’t have transportation? The Salt Lake County Health Department is providing rides to symptomatic individuals who have a medical referral for testing and need a ride to drive-thru testing sites.
- The service can be accessed by calling the Salt Lake County Health Department COVID-19 Information line at (385) 468-4636. Be sure to inform the representative that you are symptomatic and need a ride to a drive-thru testing site. This resource is paid through a Salt Lake County Contract with local cab companies for residents who cannot afford the ride.
- The Disability Law Center has opened a virtual office to continue to offer its services. You can find it at http://disabilitylawcenter.org/covid-19/.
- You can also reach them by phone at 800-662-9080 (toll-free),801-363-1347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Disability Covid-19 Healthcare Support and Advocacy hotline 800-626-4959.