Organizers may have to work at a frightening speed if they want to apply for Arts, Culture and Events (ACE) Fund before the October 31, Halloween, deadline. The Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office is giving $200,000 this year to promote and support neighborhood and community events.
Events supported by ACE help support the city’s goals and vision, include:
- Supporting city-wide economic development
- Bringing arts, education and technology opportunities to all communities
- Promoting diversity, inclusion and cultural identity
- Protecting the local environment and building a sustainable city
- Creating neighborhood and community unity
- Supporting the health and wellness of city residents
The ACE Fund awards can range between $100 and $10,000. The fund gave money to 79 organizations this year. Some examples of this year’s recipients included Utah Pride Festival, Salt Lake City Marathon, Hispanic Heritage Parade and Street Festival and the Downtown Farmers Market.
Salt Lake City began receiving applications on September 1. A list of all the 2018 recipients and additional information about applying for an ACE grant can be found athttp://www.slcmayor.com/ace/.