Goals & Priorities
Continue working on the 2022 Priorities.
Continue to identify and address ways Salt Lake City can improve inclusion and accessibility for all.
Partner with the Racial Equity in Policing Commission (REP) to facilitate a disability subcommittee.
Work with the Emergency Management department and State Access and Functional Needs Core Advisory Group to develop or update City preparedness plans for people with disabilities.
Engage with the disability community through Commission sponsored events.
Provide training to SLC Airport employees on Seizure First Aid.
Pass a citywide closed captioning ordinance to ensure captioning is utilized on all public TVs in Salt Lake CityPass a citywide closed captioning ordinance to ensure captioning is utilized on all public TVs in Salt Lake City.
Update: Formal recommendation made and adopted by City Council February 2023.
Work with the City and its departments to have:
• More audible traffic signals throughout Salt Lake City;
• Free AIRA software available citywide;
• More frequent audio description showings at all theaters in Salt Lake City;
• Better citywide snow removal efforts in the public right of way; and
• Improved access through and communication about construction zones.
Questions should be directed to ADA@slcgov.com.
Ashley Lichtle, ADA Coordinator
Office of the Mayor
451 South State Street, Room 345
Salt Lake City, UT 844114-5474