The Accessibility and Disability Commission advises Mayor Erin Mendenhall and City Council on issues affecting people with disabilities in Salt Lake City and ways the City can improve and generally enhance accessibility and the experience of the disability community.
Ashley Lichtle, ADA Coordinator
For Agenda and Minutes, please visit the Salt Lake City listing in the Utah Public Notice Database.
Please see below for upcoming term expiration/vacancy dates.
If you are interested in serving on this Commission, please submit an application online. Please send a separate email to Ashley Lichtle (ADA@slcgov.com) to inform her of your application and include “ADC Application” as the email subject.
Only applications submitted up to one year prior to a vacancy date will be considered. Please note the Mayor’s office will only contact applicants when considering them for specific appointments.
Fourth Thursday of every month, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City and County Building, Room 335, 451 S State, Salt Lake City
The commission is made up of 15 members who represent a diverse range of accessibility and disability community perspectives.
We seek members who:
- have a disability;
- have experience working with a person, or persons, with a disability; or
- who are affiliated with organizations that provide services to Salt Lake City residents with a disability.
Members are appointed by Mayor Erin Mendenhall with the advice and consent of the City Council to serve four year terms.
Residency requirements: Members shall either live in Salt Lake City; own a business in Salt Lake City; or be employed by or otherwise serve as a representative of an organization or government agency serving the accessibility or disability community of Salt Lake City. Up to one member of the board can be a city employee.
|Everette Bacon||December 2026|
|Scott Browning||December 2026|
|Amy Carmen||December 2024|
|Todd Claflin||December 2026|
|Nate Crippes||December 2026|
|Jeff Kenyon||December 2026|
|Leah Lobato||December 2024|
|Pamela Mower||December 2024|
|Margo Thurman||December 2026|
|Kayci Lynam||December 2026|
|Jan Ferre||December 2026|
|Rich Foster||December 2026|
Powers and Duties
The Accessibility and Disability Commission:
- identifies issues of importance to the accessibility and disability community and provides information to the Mayor and City Council pertinent to those issues.
- advises and assists the Mayor and City Council on issues affecting the accessibility and disability community.
- evaluates City policies and practices and makes recommendations on how to increase access and participation among individuals with disabilities.
The dates below are tentative and may be changed.
May 26, 2022
June 23, 2022
July 28, 2022
August 25, 2022
September 22, 2022
October 27, 2022
November 17, 2022 (meeting moved up a week due to Thanksgiving Holiday)
December (Winter Recess- No Meeting)
January 19, 2023