The Salt Lake City Airport Board advises Mayor Erin Mendenhall regarding the operation and management of the airports owned by Salt Lake City Corporation. The Board also adopts methods that are in the public interest and are most likely to advance, enhance, foster and promote air transportation in conducting the business, use and operation of the airports. This includes overseeing planning, construction and expansion projects. All actions of the board are considered advisory to Mayor Mendenhall.
(801) 575-2042 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Agendas and Minutes
Ordinance and Governing Documents
There are currently no vacancies on the Airport Advisory Board. Please see below for upcoming term expiration/vacancy dates.
If you are interested in serving on this board, please fill out and submit an application online. Only applications submitted up to one year prior to a vacancy date will be considered. The Mayor’s office will only contact applicants when considering them for specific appointments.
Traditionally meets the third Wednesday of the month, except in August. No meetings are scheduled in July and December.
Airport Board Room, Salt Lake City International Airport
Nine members of the public serve on the Airport Board. Each board member is appointed by the Mayor to serve four year terms. By ordinance, Airport Board members must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Not be actively engaged or employed in commercial aeronautics
- No more than 3 members may reside outside of Salt Lake City boundaries
Residency Requirements: Must be a resident of the State of Utah.
Powers and Duties
Makes recommendations to the Mayor regarding the following:
- Establish rules and regulations for conduct of the Airport board and its members
- Adopt and alters rules/regulations of Airport
- Recommend for appointment/removal of Director of Airport, Deputy Director, and project managers hired by the City
- Plan, establish, and approve construction and expansion of airport
- Broadly define policy regarding operation and management of Airport (see code for specifics)
- Prepare annual budget and revenue
- Review Airport income and expenses
- Assist Director of Airports in continuing orderly development and promotion of Airport
|#||Member||Council District/Jurisdiction||Serving Since||Term Expires|
|1||Steve Price||2017||June 2024|
|2||Theresa Foxley||Board Chair||2018||December 2025|
|3||Dirk Burton||West Jordan Mayor||2020||May 2028|
|4||Tye Hoffman||Senator Karen Mayne||2021||January 2024|
|5||Jess Bird||Tooele County||2022||October 2026|
|6||Hoang Nguyen||5||2023||April 2027|
|7||Roger Boyer||6||2018||January 2025|
|8||John Bradshaw||Board Vice Chair||2022||January 2025|
|9||Arlyn Bradshaw||Salt Lake County Council||2018||June 2026|
|10||Mayor Mendenhall||Salt Lake City||2020||2024|