The Salt Lake Art Design Board oversees the City’s public art program. As established by ordinance, the board designates certain funds for eligible construction projects to commission artwork. The Board also reviews and determines public art policy and is active in the artist selection process.
Agendas and Minutes
Ordinance and Governing Documents
First Thursday of the month, beginning at 3:00 p.m.
Art Barn, 54 Finch Lane, Salt Lake City
Mayor Erin Mendenhall appoints seven individuals, serving three-year terms, to the Salt Lake Art Design Board. One member must be an architect, no more than three members may be professional artists. Three of the seven must be residents who are actively interested in the visual arts and civic improvement of the City. The Director of the Salt Lake City Arts Council serves as an Ex-Officio member of the Board.
Powers and Duties
- Assist Arts Council in developing City-wide plan on encourage and strengthen art and culture
- Assess future arts construction projects
- Place Art around construction projects
- Foster cultural development of local artists and craftsmen
|Member||Serving Since||Council District||Term Expires|
(801) 535-6512 or Katherine.Nix@slcgov.com