The Salt Lake City Citizens’ Compensation Advisory Committee evaluates the total compensation levels of elected officials, executives and employees of the City. The Committee recommends compensation strategy and wage practices, evaluates city benefits and pay levels. The Committee also advises revisions, modifications or changes, if any, in compensation practices of the City. The Committee is assisted and supported by the Human Resources Department.
Agendas and Minutes
Bylaws and Governing Documents
Thursday, November 14, 2019 from 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Thursday, January 9, 2020 from 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Thursday, February 6, 2020 from 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Thursday, February 20, 2020 from 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Thursday, May 14, 2020 from 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 4:00pm – 5:00pm
All meetings are scheduled to take place in Human Resources main office (Aspen Conference Room) located at 349 South 200 East, Suite 500.
Seven members serve on the Citizen’s Compensation Advisory Committee. Three members are appointed by Mayor Biskupski, three by the City Council and one by the other six appointed members. Each member holds office for four years. Persons appointed are individuals with professional compensation and/or benefits expertise with varied public, non-profit and private sector experience.
Powers and Duties
- Determine a comparable market comprised of public and private employers with whom the City can compare its wages, salaries, benefits and general pay practices.
- Review research, studies and analysis of compensation levels of public officials and employees.
- Prepare an annual report to Mayor Biskupski and City Council with recommendations regarding compensation levels and benefits fo the City’s elected officials, executives and city employees.
- Provide advice on compensation and benefits-related issues, as requested by the Mayor Biskupski or City Council.
|Member||Appointed By||Term Expires|
|Jeff Herring||Mayor Biskupski||2020|
|Marlene Sloan||Mayor Biskupski||2021|
|Mike Terry||Mayor Biskupski||2022|
|Ray Schelble||City Council||2022|
|Jeff Worthington||City Council||2021|
Director of Human Resources
(801) 535-6604 or email@example.com
Compensation Program Administrator
(801) 535-7906 or firstname.lastname@example.org