The Salt Lake City Citizens’ Compensation Advisory Committee evaluates the total compensation levels of elected officials, executives and employees of the City. The Committee recommends compensation strategy and wage practices, evaluates city benefits and pay levels. The Committee also advises revisions, modifications or changes, if any, in compensation practices of the City. The Committee is assisted and supported by the Human Resources Department.
Compensation Program Administrator
(801) 535-7906 or email@example.com
Agendas and Minutes
Bylaws and Governing Documents
There are currently no vacancies on the Citizens’ Compensation Advisory Committee. Please see below for upcoming term expiration/vacancy dates.
If you are interested in serving on this committee, please fill out and submit an application online. Only applications submitted up to one year prior to a vacancy date will be considered. The Mayor’s office will only contact applicants when considering them for specific appointments.
- January 11, 2022, 3:30-5:30 PM
- January 25, 2022, 3:30-5:30 PM
- February 15, 2022, 3:30-5:30 PM
- May 10, 2022, 4:00-5:00 PM
- October 4, 2022, 4:00-5:00 PM
Seven members serve on the Citizen’s Compensation Advisory Committee. Three members are appointed by Mayor Erin Mendenhall, three by the City Council and one by the other six appointed members. Each member holds office for four years. Persons appointed are individuals with professional compensation and/or benefits expertise with varied public, non-profit and private sector experience.
Residency Requirements: None. Appointees are not required to be city residents.
Powers and Duties
- Determine a comparable market comprised of public and private employers with whom the City can compare its wages, salaries, benefits and general pay practices.
- Review research, studies and analysis of compensation levels of public officials and employees.
- Prepare an annual report to Mayor Mendenhall and City Council with recommendations regarding compensation levels and benefits fo the City’s elected officials, executives and city employees.
- Provide advice on compensation and benefits-related issues, as requested by the Mayor Mendenhall or City Council.
|#||Member||Appointed By||Term Expires|
|1||Jeff Herring||Mayor Mendenhall||2024|
|2||Casey Lund||Mayor Mendenhall||2025|
|3||Mike Terry||Mayor Biskupski||2022|
|4||Ray Schelble||City Council||2023|
|5||Jeff Worthington||City Council||2025|
|6||Brandon Dew||City Council||2025|