The Salt Lake City Public Utilities Advisory Committee annually reviews department operations, maintenance budget and expenditures, examines department water and sewer system capital improvements program, recommends proposed legislation relating to water and sewer, and consults with Mayor Erin Mendenhall concerning water resources and sewage reclamation requirements. This committee assists the public utilities director as much as possible to continue orderly development and operation of the public utilities system for the city.
Agendas and Minutes
Bylaws and Governing Documents
Fourth Thursday of the month, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
1530 S West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Nine voting members will serve four terms each. Mayor Mendenhall, the public utilities director and the city attorney shall be ex-officio, non-voting members. Members must be 21 years of age, a resident of the state and must not be actively engaged/employed in any commercial actively that sells good or services directly to the city. At least three members must reside outside the corporate limits of the city; provided, however, their place of residence shall be within the county and within the service districts supplied by the city water department.
Powers and Duties
- Review water and sewer system capital improvements program, operations and maintenance budget and expenditures, revenue requirements
- Recommend rate adjustments to Mayor Mendenhall
- Review and make recommendations on proposed legislation on water and sewer concerns
- Consult with Mayor Mendenhall regarding water resources and sewage reclamation requirements
- Assist the Public Utilities director in every way possible to maintain orderly development and operations of the public utility systems
- Hear and decide appeals arising from decisions granting or denying a riparian protection permit
|Member||Serving Since||Council District||Term Expires|
|Roger L. Player||6/19/2012||County||1/20/2020|
(801) 483-6770 or email@example.com