The Transportation Advisory Board (TAB) was created by City Council ordinance in 1997 to provide recommendations to the Transportation Division, Mayor Biskupski, and City Council regarding transportation decisions and issues affecting Salt Lake City.
Agendas and Minutes
Bylaws and Governing Documents
First Monday of the month, beginning at 4:00 p.m.
349 S 200 E, Ste 150, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
The Transportation Advisory Board consists of up to 15 members, each serving three-year terms. Membership consists of one resident from each of the City’s seven (7) city council districts, one representative of the Salt Lake City school district and one member of the bicycle standing committee. Other individuals, representing organizations with continuing interest and involvement in city transportation issues affecting Salt Lake City may be appointed members, including, for example, but not limited to, the League of Women Voters, the Downtown Alliance, the Utah Transit Authority, the Downtown Retail Merchants Association, the University of Utah, the Utah Department of Transportation, or a business organization. The Transportation Director and a representative of the Salt Lake City Police Department shall be ex officio members of the board with no voting privileges.
Powers and Duties
- Provide feedback on actions and studies underway by the Transportation Division
- Review local and regional transportation issues and make recommendations to the transportation director, Mayor Biskupski or city council
- Assist in the development, implementation and ongoing updating of the city’s transportation master plans
- Promote travel demand management strategies and encourage use of nonautomotive transportation modes
- Promote public education of transportation issues affecting the city
- Provide recommendations regarding priority and funding of transportation related capital improvement projects
|Member||Serving Since||Council District/Organization||Term Expires|
|Courtney Reeser (Chair)||2016||1|
|Joshua Poppel||2018||Bicycle Advisory Committee Vice-Chair||2020|
|Paul Schulte (Vice-Chair)||2017||SLC School District||2020|
|Reid Ewing||2014||University of Utah||2021|
|Greg Sanchez||2019||ITE (Utah Chapter)||2022|
(801) 535-6630 or Amy.Lyons@slcgov.com
Lt. John Beener
SLCPD – Ex Officio Member
(801) 799-3597 or John.Beener@slcgov.com