- If your court case has the numbers 54 in the third and fourth digits (Example: 225412345) please visit our traffic page prior to scheduling a hearing.
- If your case is a Non-Mandatory appearance, you do not need to schedule a hearing through this process to resolve your case. Your case can be resolved by going to our payment page. If you are unsure if your case if Mandatory or Non-Mandatory please check the offense(s) by clicking on this link or you can contact us prior to scheduling a date.
- If you are charged with either DUI or Domestic Violence, your arraignment will be scheduled by the court 14 days from the date of your citation. You may not reschedule DUI/DV cases using the bookable online calendar (Doodle calendar).
ARRAIGNMENT (First court appearance on a charge or charges.)
If you have a traffic or criminal case (other than DUI or Domestic Violence) and wish to schedule your first hearing, please use our bookable Arraignment calendar to set an Arraignment hearing date and time that is convenient for you, by using our link below (If you have already hired an attorney, please contact your attorney BEFORE you book a hearing):
Schedule an Arraignment
Note to the defendant:
- If you do not have an attorney and you have booked your court date, you must watch the “The Rights of Criminal Defendants” video below, and fill out the applicable rights forms and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need legal help, click on the following link for Legal Help.
Video: Rights of Criminal Defendants video – English or Español
Forms (email to: email@example.com)
- DUI Waiver of Rights – English or Espanol
- DV Waiver of Rights – English or Espanol
- Waiver of Rights – English or Espanol
- Waiver of Counsel – English or Espanol
- Personal Information Form – English
- Personal Information Affidavit Form – English or Espanol
- Plea in Abeyance (PIA) Warning and Waiver – English or Espanol
ALL OTHER HEARINGS
If you would like to schedule a Webex hearing, with a Judge assigned to your case, use the following email contact information (please put your last name, case number and the Judge in the subject line):
Judge Liu: Court1@slcgov.com
Judge Landau: Court2@slcgov.com
Judge Robison: Court3@slcgov.com
Judge Magid: Court4@slcgov.com
Judge Peters: Court5@slcgov.com
You may also call the court at 801-535-6300 to and ask to speak with a member of the judge’s team that is assigned to your case. If you have a private attorney (not a public defender), please contact your attorney first, before scheduling. Your contact information is required, to schedule a WEBEX court hearing.
If you don’t have a phone or computer, you may come to the courthouse and access the hearing through one of the court’s electronic devices at the courthouse on your court date and time, arrive early for set up. If you do not know your court date and time, please call the court at 801-535-6300.
For tips using WEBEX, please see: https://www.utcourts.gov/cal/docs/Webex_Tips.pdf.
Note for defendant: If you wish to discuss a remote resolution of your case with the Salt Lake City Prosecutor’s Office, contact them at DA-SLCJusticeCourt@slco.org or (385) 468-7900.
THIS INFORMATION REPLACES INSTRUCTIONS PRINTED ON THE FRONT OF YOUR CITATION DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. WARNING! FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN A WARRANT BEING ISSUED FOR YOUR ARREST AND/OR THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGE
You are ordered to schedule an arraignment WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS CITATION by visiting slc.gov/courts and clicking on the “Schedule Your Arraignment” button on our homepage.
If you do not schedule an arraignment using this link, you must file an objection with the court listing your name, case number, and the reason(s) why you cannot appear remotely. You may contact the court at: slc.gov/courts, use our website’s chat feature, or call 801-535-6300 between 8:30a.m. – 4:00p.m.
If English is not your primary language and you are unable to understand or communicate in English, the court will appoint an interpreter for you for all court hearings. You must request a court interpreter at least 3 days before the hearing, or the hearing may have to be postponed. To request a court interpreter, you may call the court at 801-535-6300, you may also email the court at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that an interpreter may be scheduled to appear at your court hearing.
Utah State Bar list of Legal Clinics
Modest Means Lawyer Referral Program
Finding Legal Help
ADA Notice: If you are a party to a case, a witness or prospective juror and you need special accommodations (including communication aids and services) during an upcoming proceeding, please call the Salt Lake City Justice Court at 801-535-6300, or fax the court at 801-535-6302 at least three business days before the proceeding.