Innovative Education and Training Programs
Salt Lake City’s eyes are focused on the future with innovative programs and initiatives that support training and education for target industries: information technology and gaming, outdoor products, life sciences, healthcare, finance, logistics, manufacturing, and distribution.
Together with area partners, we are responding and providing the technology and training for a skilled workforce. Programs include:
- Talent Ready Utah – Pathways program with current focus on IT, Aerospace, Medical Innovations, and Diesel Tech. Expanding into areas to meet demand, it’s a collaborative training effort with local business and educational institutions.
- Westpointe Workforce Training and Education Center – a new 121,000 square-foot facility designed to meet the rapidly evolving demands of business and industry in the Salt Lake Valley.
- University of Utah Lassonde Entreprenuer Institute – hub for student entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Utah Mathematics Endorsement Project (UMEP) – statewide online course, raises the bar for secondary education teaching licenses.
- Women Tech Council – focused on the economic impact of women in driving high growth for the technology sector through developing programs that propel the economic pipeline from K-12 to the C-suite.
- Neumont University’s Enterprise Projects – national businesses supervise senior students for one quarter as they deliver, test, and present a completed technical project.
- Small Business Development Center (SBRC) help entrepreneurs get started in business, or existing businesses grow from one level to the next
- Utah Microloan Fund and Training Program UMLF
- The Mill Entrepreneurship Center, Salt Lake Community College – a mentorship-driven program assisting innovative and scalable startups.
A Reputation for an Educated Workforce
Utah higher education consistently ranks high for graduation rates and educational attainment. An educated metro area means an educated workforce and that’s the kind of brainpower employers want before choosing where to expand their operations.
- Universities and Colleges – University of Utah, Salt Lake Community College, Westminster College, Western Governors University (Online)
- Technical colleges – SLCC Westpointe Workforce Training and Education Center, Neumont University, LDS Business College, Utah College of Applied Technology, Broadview University, College America, Columbia College, Eagle Gate College, Everest College, Stevens-Henager College, University of Phoenix, Webster University
- University Extension Campuses – Brigham Young University, Utah State University