Please read the Special Event Permitting Instructions Page completely before filing a special event permit application.
Special Event Application
Please note the following:
- Your event is not approved until you complete the entire permitting process.
- The City will not be responsible for printed/promotional items if dates, locations, or other requested services are denied or amended during the permit process.
- The deadline for submitting a Special Event Permit Application is 30 days prior to your event, but we strongly recommend applying as early as possible.
- The earliest you may apply is 364 days prior to the date you request.
- A Special Event Permit is for events using Salt Lake City public property (parks, plazas, sidewalks, roads, etc.).
- If you are seeking local consent for a DABC permit, then you must obtain that through Salt Lake City Business Licensing.
If you need further clarification on our process, please reach out to EventPermits@slcgov.com or call us at (801) 535-6121.