In summer of 2018 we began to replace and rehabilitate aging underground utility lines to improve water and sewer services as part of a two-year effort to reconstruct this segment of 1300 East. Once we complete this first phase of the project in early 2019, we’ll begin to implement several roadway features as part of the final phase. These will include:
- Replacement of deteriorated drive approaches and sidewalk segments
- Replacement of the pavement, curb and gutter
- Upgrades to storm drains and bus stops
For the 2019 phase, we’ll also consider ways to improve travel experience for people walking and biking, pending additional technical analysis and input from community members. The project will improve access, mobility and drainage along this important city thoroughfare, and residents will enjoy more resilient utility services once it’s completed in fall of 2019.
A $14 million investment to build the project was made possible by Salt Lake City Public Utilities Water and Sewer Enterprise funds, gas tax funds, the City’s Capital Improvement Program, as well as federal funds, which are administered by the Utah Department of Transportation.
Overall Construction Schedule: August 2018 – October 2019*
*This schedule is subject to change due to emergencies, weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Crews will work primarily during daytime hours, but residents and businesses should expect occasional nighttime and/or weekend work throughout the project.
Phase 1 – Utility Improvements
- Contractor Selection: summer 2018
- Construction: August 2018 – February 2019
Phase 2 – Roadway Improvements
- Design: winter 2018
- Contractor Selection : early 2019
- Construction: April 2019 – October 2019
What to Expect Throughout Construction:
- Travel restrictions and moderate traffic delays
- Road construction related noise
- Dust and vibration
- Nighttime work activities
Tips While Driving Through the Work Zone:
- Plan your travel and give yourself extra time
- Use alternate routes such as: 700 East, 900 East or 1100 East (not a through street at 800 South), and Foothill Drive
- Assume equipment operators haven’t seen you until you establish eye contact with them
- Lower your speed while traveling through the work zone and follow all signs and signals
- Laird Avenue Detour Flier
- 11-27-2018 Email Update
- 10-5-2018 Email Update
- 9-10-2018 Email Update
- 8-13-2018 E-mail Update
- 80% Design Plan – December 2018
- Second Open House Boards – December 2018
- December 6, 2018 Open House Invite
- December 6, 2018 Door to Door Open House Flier
- First Open House Boards – August 2018
- August 15, 2018 Open House Invitation
- August 2018 Meet and Greet Flier
- July 2018 Press Release
- June 2018 Flier
If you have any service requests during the project, such as garbage pick up or pothole repairs, please send them via Salt Lake City Mobile so they can be assigned and resolved as soon as possible. Otherwise reach us at anytime via the information listed below.
Stay informed and sign up for updates by emailing us with the word “Updates” on the subject line. You may also follow us on social media to see posts about our progress using the #1300EastSLC hashtag.
Email: email@example.com | Hotline: 801-483-6898 | Website: www.slc.gov/mystreet/1300east
- 2018 Phase 1 – Utility Improvements Team: Natalie Moore, Jenni Oman and Philip Case
- 2019 Phase 2 – Roadway Improvements Team: John Coyle, Josh Thompson and Adan Carrillo
+ Pregunta por Adán Carrillo si necesitas esta información en Español.