2019 Email Updates
In the summer of 2018, we began to replace and rehabilitate aging underground utility lines to improve water and sewer services as part of a two-year effort to reconstruct this segment of 1300 East. Once we complete this first phase of the project in early 2019, we’ll begin to implement several roadway features as part of the final phase. These will include:
- Replacement of obsolete and decaying drive approaches and sidewalk segments
- Replacement of the pavement, curb, and gutter
- Upgrades to storm drains
- New ADA compliant bus stops
- Dedicate center lane to allow left turns
- Bike lanes in both directions
- A consistent street deisgn to match northern cross section
The project will improve access, mobility, and drainage along this important city thoroughfare, and residents will enjoy more resilient utility services once it’s completed in the fall of 2019.
A $14 million investment to build the project was made possible by Salt Lake City Public Utilities Water and Sewer Enterprise funds, gas tax funds, the City’s Capital Improvement Program, as well as federal funds, which are administered by the Utah Department of Transportation.
Overall Construction Schedule: Summer 2018 – Fall 2019*
*This schedule is subject to change due to emergencies, weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Crews will work primarily during daytime hours, but residents and businesses should expect occasional nighttime and/or weekend work throughout the project.
Phase 1 – Utility Improvements | COMPLETED
- Construction: August 2018 – February 2019
Phase 2 – Roadway Improvements | UNDERWAY
- Construction: summer 2019 – fall 2020
What to Expect Throughout Construction:
- Street closures and designated detour routes
- Travel restrictions and moderate traffic delays
- Road construction-related noise, dust, and vibration
- Nighttime work activities at the main intersections
Tips While Driving Through the Work Zone:
- Plan your travel and give yourself extra time
- Use alternate routes such as 700 East, 900 East or 1100 East (not a through-street at 800 South), and Foothill Drive
- Assume equipment operators haven’t seen you until you establish eye contact with them
- Lower your speed while traveling through the work zone and follow all signs and signals
2018 Email Updates
- Laird Avenue Detour Flier
- 11-27-2018 Email Update
- 10-5-2018 Email Update
- 9-10-2018 Email Update
- 8-13-2018 E-mail Update
- 80% Design Plan – December 2018
- Second Open House Boards – December 2018
- December 6,
2018Open House Invite
- December 6, 2018 Door to Door Open House Flier
- First Open House Boards – August 2018
- August 15,
2018Open House Invitation
- August 2018 Meet and Greet Flier
- July 2018 Press Release
- June 2018 Flier
If you have any service requests during the project, such as garbage pick up or pothole repairs, please send them via Salt Lake City Mobile so they can be assigned and resolved as soon as possible. Otherwise reach us at anytime via the information listed below.
Stay informed and sign up for updates by emailing us with the word “Updates” on the subject line. You may also follow us on social media to see posts about our progress using the #1300EastSLC hashtag.
Email: email@example.com | Hotline: 801-483-6898 | Website: www.slc.gov/mystreet/1300east
- 2019 Roadway Improvements Team: Ashlie Albrecht, Adan Carrillo, and Josh Thompson
+ Pregunta por Adán Carrillo si necesitas esta información en Español.