Thank you to everyone who generously donated to our annual Martin Luther King Jr. Fundraiser! We are very grateful to this community for helping to Fight Hunger Statewide.
This year our goal was $1,000 and we EXCEEDED that goal with $1,500 donated! Wow! That means that 6,000 meals will be donated through the Utah Food Bank to families in need.
Thank you to the volunteers who joined YCG members at the Utah Food Bank on MLK Day to sort donations and fill boxes for food delivery. Our incredible YCG members, Laynee Hall and Diya Oommen spoke to volunteers, sharing YCG’s message and MLK Day history.
YouthCity Government involves teens in state-organized, model-government programs. YouthCity Government provides the education, the problem-solving experience, and the social arena for Utah’s future leaders to develop and strengthen their skills and confidence to better serve their communities.
- An understanding of local, state, national and international concerns
- Research, study and debate on public issues
- Exploration of careers in public service
- Interaction with adult and youth leaders involved in decision-making processes
- An understanding of political systems and the forum they provide for effective and peaceful resolution of issues and concerns
- Appreciation for the diversity of viewpoints on public issues and a concurrent respect for ideas, beliefs and the positions of others
- Demonstration of citizenship responsibilities and leadership roles essential to the health of a participatory democracy.
For more information / Para más información: