Join YouthCity Government!
Application deadline September 15th!
YouthCity Government involves teens in state-organized, model-government programs. YouthCity Government provides the education, the problem-solving experience, and the social arena for Utah’s future leaders to develop and strengthen their skills and confidence to better serve their communities.
- An understanding of local, state, national and international concerns
- Research, study and debate on public issues
- Exploration of careers in public service
- Interaction with adult and youth leaders involved in decision-making processes
- An understanding of political systems and the forum they provide for effective and peaceful resolution of issues and concerns
- Appreciation for the diversity of viewpoints on public issues and a concurrent respect for ideas, beliefs and the positions of others
- Demonstration of citizenship responsibilities and leadership roles essential to the health of a participatory democracy.
For more information / Para más información: