To report a sidewalk issue please click here.
The repair or replacement of a deteriorated sidewalk, drive approach, and curb and gutter in a public way is the responsibility of the adjacent private property owner (City Ordinance 14.32.300). Property owners may hire a contractor to accomplish the required concrete repairs, which requires a permit to work in the public way, or they may take advantage of the 50/50 concrete program.
50/50 Concrete Program
The 50/50 concrete program is a cost-sharing program that splits the actual cost of replacement between the adjacent residential property owner and the City on a 50/50 basis. For commercial properties, the owner will pay 100% of the cost, and this cost must be paid before construction starts.
Construction estimates are provided without charge and work is scheduled on a “first come first serve” basis. To obtain an estimate, please contact Mitch Hansen at email@example.com or 801-535-6934.
Concrete restoration includes the following:
- 50/50 concrete program for deteriorated residential concrete sidewalks, drive approaches, and curb & gutter replacement
- 100% concrete program for deteriorated commercial concrete sidewalks, drive approaches, and curb & gutter replacement
- ADA ramps replacement
- Waterway construction
- Horizontal saw-cutting used to remove minor lifts between panels
- Slab-jacking used to lift sunken panels
- Concrete slab replacement