The Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board strives to address the health, safety and welfare of the City’s citizens by providing assistance for affordable and special needs housing within the City. The Board meets as often as necessary to ensure that the Salt Lake City Housing Trust Fund monies are allocated and disbursed to projects that meet the necessary affordable and low-income housing requirements.
Agendas and Minutes
Bylaws and Governing Documents
Typically meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 12 pm to 1 pm.
City and County Building, Room 126, 451 S State, Salt Lake City
Eleven members, appointed by Mayor Erin Mendenhall, serve three-year terms on the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board. The board aims to have representation from every Council District. Members should have experience and/or an interest in affordable and/or special needs housing. The board also seeks a diversity of experience, including everyone from first home buyers to strong backgrounds in affordable housing. Four citizens with expertise in business, real estate, and/or housing development are preferred/desired/favored in the application process.
Powers and Duties
- Make recommendations to Salt Lake City Administration for ordinances and regulations the board deems to be in the public’s best interest for the purpose of carrying out the City’s affordable housing objectives.
- Consult with experts in areas such as finance, real estate, and affordable housing development to obtain advice on specific projects
- Advise and recommend suggestions to Salt Lake City Administration and City Council about affordable housing and special needs housing issues.
- The board may recommend fund monies or assets be provided to activities that meet the Housing Trust Fund’s requirements.
- Review each request for monies from the Housing Trust Fund and make recommendations to the Salt Lake City Administration and the City Council.
|Member||Serving Since||Council District||Term Expires|
|Sean Umipig||2017||District 1||2019|
|Amy Rowland||2014||At Large (3)||2020|
|Matt Pauly||2019||District 4||2022|
|Edward Makowski||2017||District 5||2020|
|Paul Cherecwich||2019||District 6||2022|
|David Smoot||2016||At Large (6)||2019|
|Robert Rendon||2014||District 3||2020|
Housing Development Program Specialist
(801) 535-7698 or email@example.com