The Bryant district was established due to its association with the early 1900s expansion of Salt Lake City into adjacent farmland. The district is filled with residences of varying styles, including Bungalows, English Cottages, Edwardians, Four squares and others. Its original demographic appears to have ranged from middle class to upper middle class. Residential parkways remain in place along 200 South and 800 East. In addition to homes, the district holds a number of small to medium-size apartment buildings dating from the early 1900s through the 1960s. Two high-rise apartment buildings are present on the district’s east and west margins.
Bryant includes a number of modern intrusions – most of which were present when the district was listed –among them numerous small medical clinics. These are concentrated in this area due to the presence of two large medical centers. One of the district’s most notable individual historic resources is the 1927 St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, a masterpiece of Tudor Revival architecture.