Workday is going to modernize Salt Lake City’s HR functions, and will offer self-service and online access to update, make changes or review personal information, pay slips, banking, time-entry, and current benefits.
Workday’s HR functions, known as HCM in Workday, include Jobs & Positions, Recruiting, Compensation, Worker Data and Learning.
When HR goes live in Workday this summer, you’ll be able to:
- Update your personal and emergency contact information
- Create a career profile that showcases your education, language, and certifications
- Access learning courses
- Apply for City jobs
Please note: Due to the nature of large-scale technology implementations, the following dates are subject to change and will be updated accordingly.
- October 6, 2021: HR Phase kicks off
- May 2022: Department trainers learn the system to help their co-workers.
- June 2022: City employees receive training to use Workday HCM.
- July 5, 2022: HR functions are live and ready to use!
- Spring 2023: Update benefits in Workday
Workday IS replacing:
- Airport Budgeting Program
- 200 Edits
- Payroll Administration (25+ programs)
- Bank Access
- Cashiering System (new system called Teller implementing 2023)
- Wire Transfer
- *This is not an exhaustive list.
Workday is NOT replacing:
- Active Directory
- Revenue Management at Airport and Public Utilities
- Investment Management