Where do I go to get a Business License?
What do I need to obtain a business license?
- Completed the online application.
- Pay licensing fees and have required inspections completed.
- Registration with the Utah State Department of Commerce (Business Name, Corporation, LLC, Partnership)
- State Sales Tax Number (if applicable)
- Federal Tax ID Number (if applicable)
You can find the necessary information at these websites:
Can I operate a business from my home?
Per State Statue Salt Lake City Corporation does not require a business license if you are operating from your home unless the business causes an impact to your neighborhood. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if the type of business you are operating requires a license.
Note -if you want an business license operating from your home you may obtain one by applying here. In addition to applying online you will need to fill out this Home Occupation form completely sign both pages and upload during online application.