Photo Identification: A copy of a government-issued photo identification (such as a driver’s license, passport, or similar form of identification) must also be included in the application. If the applicant is a corporation or a partnership, the photo identification required herein shall be provided with respect to at least one officer of a corporation or member of a partnership.
Registered Agent: The application shall also include the name, address, and phone number of the registered agent for any corporation or licensee.
Professional Licenses: Documentation demonstrating the applicant possesses any professional licenses or certifications required to operate the business identified in the application.
Commercial and Home Licenses
- Application for New Commercial License
- Application for New Home Business License
- Emergency Contact Form
- Inspection Contacts/Information
- New Business and Fire Checklist
- Tow Truck Police Rotation Packet
- The Salt Lake City Police Department isn’t accepting New Applications for Police Rotation Privileges.
Beer and Alcohol Licenses
- Application for Retail Beer / Liquor Consumption License
- Addendum to Salt Lake City Corporation’s Application for Beer/Liquor Consumption License
- To be completed by Out-of-State corporate officers and directors.
- Social / Dining Club Registration
Additional Applications and Forms
The following types of businesses require background checks:
|Alcohol Establishments||Auctioneer||Auction House||Retail Beer||Solicitors|
|CD Exchange||Computer Exchange||Date/Marriage Service||Fireworks||Ice Cream Operator|
|Pawnshops||Mobile Food Trucks/Trailers||Special Transportation||Taxicab Companies||Sexually Oriented Business*|
- Adult business
- Nude dancers – agencies and individuals
- Outcall/Escorts – agencies and individuals
- Semi-nude dancers – agencies and individuals
The factors described below represent examples of circumstances that may disqualify an applicant from obtaining a business license. Disqualifying factors may vary due to the unique nature of certain license types.
- The applicant has pending charges or has been convicted of:
- felony homicide,
- physically abusing, sexually abusing, or exploiting a minor,
- the sale of distribution of controlled substances,
- sexual assault of any kind.
- The applicant has been convicted of any other felony within the last ten (10) years.
- The applicant has been convicted of a misdemeanor within the past five (5) years involving a crime of:
- moral turpitude,
- violent or aggravated conduct involving persons or property.
- The applicant has an outstanding warrant from any jurisdiction.
- The applicant is currently subject to a protective order based on physical or sexual abuse issues by a court of competent jurisdiction.