PROJECT UPDATE (updated 6/21/2021) – We have weekly updates on the construction schedule below. Salt Lake City Public Utilities crews have closed 900 East from Ashton Avenue to just south of the Forest Dale Golf Course to accommodate trenching and water line installation for the East-West Water Line. This closure will be in place until June 26th. For more information visit https://www.slc.gov/utilities/east-west-water-line/
900 East Reconstruction:
Hollywood Avenue to 2700 South
|Work Activities |
Crews will begin work in the median as they work on rehabilitating the sewer line and improvements to the storm drain. Construction activities will take place Monday through Friday between 7 am and 7 pm. You can expect increased noise, vibrations, and dust.
|Weekly Update 6/21/2021|
We have several crews coming on site this week, work will include:
– Removal and replacement of sidewalk, drive approaches, and curb and gutter from I-80 to 2700 S and from Ashton Ave to 2100 N.
· Work will take place on the west side of the road, both lanes of traffic will be pushed to the east to accommodate equipment in the road.
· The sidewalk will be closed.
· Concrete removed will be replaced within 48 hours or filled with gravel for temporary access. New drive approaches cannot be driven on for 7 days, cars will have to be parked on side streets during that time.
– Paving the west lane from 2100 N to Hollywood Ave on June 22nd.
· Watch for dump trucks coming in and out of the construction zone.
– Excavating and installing 15” storm drain laterals across 900 E in various locations.
· Watch for traffic shifts and equipment in the road.
– Sewer pipe lining starting June 22nd.
· Equipment will be in the center lane. Watch for traffic shifts.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility. Feel free to reach out to the project team with any questions or concerns you have. Thank you!
|Parking & Access |
· On-street parking will be restricted at all hours during construction. Cars remaining in the construction zone will be towed at owners expense.
· Residential and business access will be maintained.
· A number of driveway approaches and curb and gutter segments will be repaired with this project.
· Crews will notify impacted residents before access to driveways is restricted due to construction activities.
|Traffic & Safety|
· One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction. Medians and shoulders on the roadway will be closed throughout construction.
· Drivers are encouraged to use 700 East or 1100 East as an alternative route.
· Travelers in the area are advised to follow instructions from signs, flaggers and equipment operators.
· Drivers in the area are advised to travel safely, watching for construction workers, other drivers, and pedestrians in the area.
· 24-hour notice will be provided prior to any utility service interrupt
Other Area Projects
- East-West Water Line Project – Salt Lake City Department of Public Utilities will be installing a large diameter water line from Forest Dale Golf Course along 900 East to Ashton Avenue. This work began in May 2021.
- Dominion Energy will be relocating a gas line on the west side of 900 East from Hollywood Avenue to 2700 South. A schedule for this work is pending.
The Salt Lake City Engineering Division is reconstructing 900 East from Hollywood Avenue to 2700 South. Construction began on May 3, 2021, with anticipated completion Fall 2021.
How to Survive Construction Workshop
Thanks to everyone that joined the online How to Survive Construction workshop! Check out the video recording of the workshop below.
This project is funded through the 2018 voter-approved Funding Our Future street reconstruction bond.
- Project Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Hotline: 801-210-8433
- Jena Carver, P.E., Transportation Engineer: 801-535-6694
- Ramin Nasrabadi, P.E., Construction Project Engineer: 801-535-7248
- Social Media: @SLCmoves @SLCgov | #900EastSLC