700 West, between 1600 South and 2100 South, will be reconstructed in 2020 to increase the lifespan of the roadway along this busy industrial district, just west of I-15.
The project will include new asphalt pavement, with new curb and gutter to improve drainage along the corridor. New sidewalks and pedestrian access ramps will also be added to increase safety and access for people walking, biking or using wheelchairs. As part of the project, drive approaches will be constructed to better delineate sidewalks and parking lots leading into businesses and warehouses.
This project is valued at $2 million, and it will be constructed via the Streets Reconstruction Bond approved by voters in November 2018.
- Public Involvement: Summer 2019
- Design: Fall 2019
- Advertisement: Winter 2019
- Construction: Spring-Fall 2020
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.slc.gov/mystreet
- Adan Carrillo, Civic Engagement Specialist | 801-535-6251
- Parker Bradley, Project Engineer | 801-535-7235