700 South Traffic Calming (CIP)
In 2023, Salt Lake City Transportation Division will be installing a roundabout at the intersection of 1000 West and 700 South in the Poplar Grove neighborhood. This project is a citizen requested CIP (Capitol Improvement Program) project. The roundabout at this intersection will be one of first traffic calming treatments implemented by staff working on the Livable Streets program.
The project is looking to include:
- Raised crosswalks on the east and west crossings of 700 South
- Calmed, slower speed traffic on 700 South. The new intersection has a maximum design speed of 15 MPH.
- An opportunity for improved storm drainage detention.
- A potential to create a community gathering place.
- Updated, low maintenance landscaping in the center of the roundabout and wide landscaped medians on 700 South
- Painted/Marked crosswalk and travel lanes.
- A reduction in the amount of asphalt in the intersect and a reduction in the “heat island effect.”
- Minor impacts to the surrounding properties and utilities.
- Upgraded street lighting for each crosswalk.
- Benches and other amenities on the corners outside of the intersection.
- An opportunity for artwork in the center of the roundabout.
Project Manager | Bill Baranowski
Email | email@example.com
Phone | 385-414-1490
Social Media | @SLCmoves @SLCgov