Find Your Civil Enforcement Officer
Salt Lake City’s Civil Enforcement Officers are assigned to two groups.
1. Civil Enforcement officers assigned to General Code Enforcement on private property handle the following types of complaints:
- Unsafe rental housing issues on Single Family and Duplex properties.
- All housing, zoning and weeds code issues on private property which do not contain three or more rental units and are not classified as vacant, abandoned, or boarded property.
- Land use and zoning code violations on all private property that is not classified as boarded or having three or more rental units. This includes but is not limited to commercial, industrial, manufacturing, agricultural, etc.
Click here to download a pdf version of the Civil Enforcement Officer area map.
2. Civil Enforcement officers assigned to Boarded Buildings and Apartments handle the following types of complaints:
- Vacant and Boarded properties which have been broken into.
- Vacant and Boarded properties which have tall weeds, junk vehicles, or other zoning code violations.
- Unsafe rental housing issues in buildings with three or more rental units.
- Apartment buildings (three or more units) where any housing or zoning code violation exists inside an individual unit or the property’s exterior.
Click here to download a pdf version of the Apartment and Boarded Building Inspector map.