Our seven-member City Council sets the overall policy direction for the City, and helps decide where to focus resources by adopting annual budgets and ordinances. See the Salt Lake City Code for all adopted ordinances.
In Salt Lake City, the Mayor and Council are separate but equal branches of the government. The Mayor is the chief executive and the City Council is the legislative body. Council Members serve four-year terms, work for the City part-time, and are paid. Each Council Member represents one of the City’s seven geographical Council Districts of similar population size.
Browse the website to find out who your Council Member is, see meeting schedules, and provide us your input on the issues that matter to you. Visit the Council Duties page for a detailed overview of the City Council and its main functions.
- James Rogers, District 1Vice Chairjames.email@example.com
- Andrew Johnston, District firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Wharton, District email@example.com
- Ana Valdemoros, District firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Mendenhall, District email@example.com
- Charlie Luke, District 6Council Chaircharlie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Fowler, District email@example.com
- Find Your Council Member