Our seven-member City Council sets the overall policy direction for the City, and helps decide where to focus resources by adopting annual budgets and ordinances. See the Salt Lake City Code for all adopted ordinances.
In Salt Lake City, the Mayor and Council are separate but equal branches of the government. The Mayor is the chief executive and the City Council is the legislative body. Council Members serve four-year terms, work for the City part-time, and are paid. Each Council Member represents one of the City’s seven geographical Council Districts of similar population size.
- James Rogers, District 1VIce Chairjames.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Johnston, District email@example.com
- Chris Wharton, District firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ana Valdemoros, District email@example.com
- Darin Mano, District firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Dugan, District email@example.com
- Amy Fowler, District 7Chairamy.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Your Council Member