City Connect is SLC’s flagship Digital Equity initiative that activates public WIFI hotspots in community centers and parks throughout the City.
Check out our City Connect page for a map of where to access free wifi hotspots.
Sorenson Unity Center 1383 S 900 W
Sorenson Multi-Cultural 855 W California Ave
9th South Riverpark Jordan River Parkway Trail @ 900 S
Glendale Park 1150 W 1700 S
Riverside Park 1600 W 700 N
Westpointe Park 1920 W Colonel Rd (1100 N)
Laird Park 1800 E Princeton Ave
11th Ave Park 581 Terrace Hills Dr
Fairmont Park 1040 E Sugarmont Dr
Liberty Park 900 S 700 E
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Home Internet Resources
|INTERNET PROVIDERS||MONTHLY FEE||SPEED||WHERE TO SIGN UP|
|Internet-Essentials Xfinity/Comcast||$9.95/month||50 Mbs|| (855) 846-8376|
Must participate in one government assist program and cannot be a current Xfinity customer
|N100 Google Fiber||$20/month||100 Mbs||(877) 312-6754|
Household income must be $40,000/year or less
|Xfinity/Comcast||Starts at $55/month plus tax (equipment & installation fees may apply)||20Mbs-1.2Gbs||(800) 934-6489|
Discounts for Students, Teachers and the Military.
|Google Fiber||$70-$100/month plus tax||1-2 Gbs||(866) 777-7550 / (833) 942-0067|
|Rise Broadband||Starts at $50/month plus tax (equipment & installation fees may apply)||25 Mbs||(844) 411-7473 risebroadband.com|
|CenturyLink||Starts at $50/month plus tax (equipment & installation fees may apply)||100 Mbs||(866) 642-0444 / (801) 806-0498|
A Lifeline credit can be applied to your monthly fee
Cellular Internet Resources
|PROVIDERS||COST||WHERE TO SIGN UP|
|SLC Main Library 210 E 400 S||Free 3-week Internet Hotspot checkout|
Requires placing a hold on the hotspot with a SLC Library Card
|PCs for People||$80 for Device + $15/month Eligible for people participating in at least 1 government assisted program||www.pcsforpeople.org/low-cost-internet/mobilehotspots/|
|AT&T T-Mobile Verizon Xfinity/Comcast||Call or visit a AT&T; T-Mobile, Verizon or Xfinity store for prices and details of various Cellular Hotspot plans||(800) 288-2020 / att.com (800) 937-8997 / t-mobile.com (800) 922-0204 / verizon.com (800) 934-6489 / xfinity.com|
SLC Public Library Branches
Main 210 E 400 S 84111
Anderson-Foothill 135 S 2100 E 84108
Chapman 3577 S 900 W 84104
Corinne & Jack Sweet 455 F Street (9th Ave) 84103
Day-Riverside 1575 W 1000 N 84116
Glendale 1375 S Concord 84104
Marmalade 280 W 500 N 84103
Sprague 2131 S 1100 E 84106
An on demand, anytime, anywhere eLearning service provided by the SLC Library. SLC Library card required to access. To sign up for a library card, go here.
HelpNow’s features include:
- Homework Help Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
YouthCity fosters positive youth development in Salt Lake City, by providing out of school opportunities for social, emotional, skills, character, and citizenship development in an inclusive and caring environment.
YouthCity serves Salt Lake City’s young people from kindergarten to age 19 with innovative and enriching activities created with input from participants. The programs are located throughout Salt Lake City, where young people can have fun while learning new skills.
Sorenson Community Campus
Located in the Glendale neighborhood of Salt Lake City, the Sorenson Community Campus houses a variety of programs and amenities in the Sorenson Muti-Cultural Center and the Sorenson Unity Center, including a public computer lab.
Salt Lake City School District
Stay up to date on the latest news from the SLC School District, including information on remote learning: https://www.slcschools.org/.
Last Updated 11/10/2021