300 North Reconstruction:
300 West – 1000 West
In 2023, 300 North will be reconstructed from 300 West to 1000 West. Pavement, sidewalk, ADA ramps, bike lanes, and curb and gutter will be replaced to create a safe, comfortable environment for everyone using the road. This project is in the concept development phase, and we are working with neighborhood residents, businesses, and stakeholders to envision the roadway design and identify improvements for the future reconstruction.
The project is anticipated to be designed in 2022 and constructed in 2023. For more information on the schedule, please see the timeline and subscribe to updates below.
Opportunities to Participate
The project held a focus group in July 2021 with residents and neighborhood organizations to discuss future improvements to safety, comfort, and accessibility. To learn more, review the report. Key takeaways from the focus group include:
- Sense of community is an important value and the group wants to see more people on the street. More destinations on the corridor, such as cafes and restaurants, would help to draw the community to 300 North.
- Public art and beautification would make the corridor more pleasant for pedestrians and cyclists.
- The group enjoys 300 North and believes it is a valuable corridor. It’s important that it stays a community amenity and is safe enough for kids to walk to school and provide space for people to enjoy the outdoors.
Public input from this meeting is being used to develop three concepts showing the future improvements. Once the concepts are complete, the public will be asked to provide input and share their preferences in an online survey and at a public event in late October/early November 2021. Stay tuned!
We are always accepting comments on this project and encourage you to email us at SaltLakeCityComms@gmail.com with any input you have or to sign up to receive updates on the project and future opportunities to participate.
Other Area Projects & Studies
We want to emphasize that there are many other current and upcoming transportation improvements happening near the 300 North project area, like new regional bus service, neighborhood byways, and more. While all of these projects are unique in terms of their scale and area, Salt Lake City and our community partners are collaborating to ensure that they are approached holistically and connect/build off of each other to make streets and traveling better for everyone.
Some project links are below, but you can learn about all Westside SLC transportation projects here.
- 1000 West Mini Corridor Study
- 600/700 North Mobility, Safety, and Transit Improvements Study
- North Temple Mobility Hub Study
- 300 North Pedestrian Bridge: Salt Lake City is partnering with Utah Transit Authority, Union Pacific Railroad, Wasatch Front Regional Council, the Utah Department of Transportation, and community groups to build a pedestrian bridge over the railroad tracks at 500 West to create a safe connection for walking and biking that also reflects community character and needs. Work begins October 2021
Further information on the construction timeline and impacts will be available on this webpage and through the project email list as we get closer to construction.
|Summer 2021||Project Kickoff|
|Fall 2021||Community Outreach/Feedback|
|Spring 2022||Final Design|
Funding Our Future
This project is funded through the 2018 voter-approved Funding Our Future street reconstruction bond.
Public Engagement Team: 385-360-1313