Schedule a Meeting with Staff
Have a Question for Staff?
There are two types of regularly scheduled meetings with staff: Pre-Submittal meetings with Planning staff and DRT (Development Review Team) meetings with staff from multiple city departments. Most general questions can be answered by looking at the Frequently Asked Questions page or emailing us at email@example.com.
Meet with the Planning Counter
Schedule an appointment with the Planning Counter. Appointments are being offered for those who need technical assistance applying for a planning application. All appointments are required to be scheduled 24 hours in advance, we apologize for that inconvenience.
Pre-submittal Review Meeting
What is a Pre-Submittal Meeting
A Pre-submittal meeting is an opportunity to meet with senior planning staff about your project – before or during creation of plans and drawings. These meetings are informal and advisory only. No decisions are made and advice is not binding.
We are available to discuss the following:
City Codes & Policies: What are the requirements for a zoning amendment? What are the requirements for new construction and major changes to a building in a Historic District? Do City General Plans support the project?
Planning Processes & Procedures: What are the applicable planning processes to execute a project if it does not meet the zoning ordinance? Who is involved in the process? Who has the authority to approve the project? What is the timeframe of the project?
Projects that Require a Pre-Submittal Meeting
- General plan and zoning amendments
- New construction in the historic district
- Demolition of a contributing structure or landmark site
- Projects that have multiple planning processes
Preparing for a Pre-Submittal Meeting
The following information is required for the meeting:
- Address and current zoning
- Detailed description of the proposed project, including any proposed zoning changes
- Attachments for planning staff to consider such as: site plans, elevation plans, pictures, and maps associated with the property
Questions that may come up:
- Were you referred to a pre-submittal meeting? If so, why?
- Have you reviewed the General Plan covering the project site?
- What planning processes need to be discussed?
- Have you scheduled a Development Review Team Meeting (DRT)?
Scheduling a Pre-Submittal Meeting
Development Review Team (DRT) Meeting
What is a Development Review Team Meeting
Together Planning and Zoning, Building Services, Public Utilities, Transportation and Engineering divisions conduct these meetings to ensure project stakeholders and the City are thoroughly informed of how City requirements and considerations will impact a project, saving everyone time and money during project development. These meetings are informal and advisory only. No decisions are made and advice is not binding.
Projects that Require a DRT Meeting
- Commercial – New Construction
- Industrial – New Construction
- Multi-Family (Apartments, Townhouses, Condominiums) – New Construction
- Large Additions
- Change of Use
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Encroachments into a Public Right-of-Way
- Projects requiring an increase in parking or landscaping to the site
- Any project type listed under 21A.58.030 Site Plan Review: Scope of Application
Preparing for a DRT Meeting
Scheduling a Development Review Team (DRT) Meeting
If you require additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.535.7700.