This Online Open House will provide an opportunity for you to review information about the proposal and provide any questions or comments. This Open House meeting will be an electronic meeting pursuant to Salt Lake City Emergency Proclamation No. 2 of 2020 (2)(b).
Design Review and TSA Development Score Review
1925 W North Temple Multi-Family Development
Petition Number: PLNPCM2020-00730, PLNTSD2020-00731
Zoning District: Transit Station Area Mixed Use Employment Center – Core and Transition (TSA-MUEC-C/T)
City Council District: 1, Represented by James Rogers
Michael Batt, representing the property owner, is proposing a 769 unit affordable housing multi-family development at property at approximately 1925 and 1971 W North Temple. The property and associated seven multi-family buildings have frontage on both Orange Street and North Temple. The developer is requesting an increase to the 5’ maximum front yard setback on Orange Street for “Building D” in the development, due to the location of a high voltage power line which requires a 25′ setback for safety. The building would be setback approximately 26′ to 30′ from Orange Street. The modification to the setback requires that the building by reviewed through the Design Review process.
Additionally, any development in the TSA zone requires that developments meet a certain number of development guidelines. The applicant has submitted plans and scoring for a “TSA Development Score Review” and their score is being verified by City Planning staff. If the development receives enough points by meeting enough guidelines, the development can be submitted for building permits. If any buildings in the development do not receive enough points, the developer can revise their plans to receive enough points or proceed to the Planning Commission for a “Design Review” of the building(s).
For process reference, view the “TSA Development Guidelines” that will be reviewed as part of the score review.
View the Design Review Standards.
Located at approximately 1925 and 1971 W North Temple.
- The proposals are being reviewed for compliance with associated development standards by City Planning staff. The developer may revise their plans based on any compliance issues identified.
- The modification to the Orange Street setback requires a public hearing and will be scheduled for a future Planning Commission public hearing and decision. Notices will be sent out approximately two weeks prior to the public hearing.
- If the development receives enough “TSA Development Guideline” points, the remainder of the development may be submitted for building permits and no additional public review process will be required.
- The TSA Development Score Review for the buildings may be finalized on November 16.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planners via email or phone below.
- Start of Public Comment Period: November 3, 2020
- End of the Public Comment Period: November 30, 2020
Daniel Echeverria // firstname.lastname@example.org // 385-226-3835
Amanda Roman // email@example.com // 385-386-2765
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.