Preliminary Subdivision Plat & Planned Development Review
Petition Number: PLNSUB2021–00848 & PLNPCM2021–00847
Zoning District: MU– Mixed Use Zone
Council District: District 3, Represented by Chris Wharton
Jarod Hall, representing property owners, is requesting approval for a new townhome development at 355-365 West 800 North. The development includes fourteen (14) single-family attached units in two separate buildings. The townhomes are approximately 45 feet in height and are three stories tall. The subject property is approximately 0.44 acres (19,166 square feet) in size and is located in the MU- Mixed Use zoning district.
The development involves two different applications:
- PLNSUB2021-00848 Preliminary Subdivision: The development involves a preliminary plat to create the individual single-family attached lots.
- PLNPCM2021-00847 Planned Development: The applicant is requesting Planned Development approval as twelve (12) of the single-family units will not have public street frontage; to reduce the rear yard setback to fifteen feet; and allow balconies to extend three feet seven inches into the front yard setback, for both buildings.
Located at approximately 355-365 West 800 North.
The site of the proposed request is within the Capitol Hill Community Council area. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Planning Staff is reviewing the application against the Planned Development standards of the code (21A.55.050) and the general zoning requirements, including, but not limited to, the applicable Corridor Commercial zoning regulations (21A.26.050).
- The Planning Division is in the process of obtaining public comments on this project to help identify concerns and issues from the public.
- Notice has been sent to the Chairperson of the recognized community organization for this area.
- Following the 45-day public comment period, the proposal will be scheduled for a public hearing before the Planning Commission.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing and make a decision on the submitted proposal.
- The public hearing has not yet been scheduled. Public notices will be sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the proposal when that has been scheduled
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: October 18, 2021
- End of the Public Comment Period: December 2, 2021
Diana Martinez, Principal Planner // email@example.com // 801-535-7215
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.