Rosen ADU and Inline Addition
Petition Number: PLNPCM2021-01273
Zoning District: R-1-5000 (Single Family Residential)
Council District: District 5 – Darin Mano
Salt Lake City has received the following requests from Dorian Rosen for the property located at 1532 South Green St:
- The proposed addition extends the footprint of the existing dwelling 20’ towards the western, rear property line and maintains the existing 8’ 6” width of the northern side yards of the existing dwelling.
- Conditional Use approval to construct a 14’8” tall, 650 sq. ft. detached accessory dwelling unit in the rear yard of the property with a 220 sq. ft. carport.
The subject property is located in the R-1-5000 (Single Family Residential) Zoning District which requires minimum interior side yards of 4’ in width on one side of the dwelling and 10’ in width on the other side. The northern, side yards of the existing dwelling measure 8’ 6” in width. The R-1-5000 Zoning District requires Conditional Use approval to construct a detached accessory dwelling unit. The subject property is located in Council District 5, represented by Darin Mano.
Located at approximately 1532 South Green St.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Community Council 5, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Caitlin Lutsch, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
The public comment period closed on February 16, 2022. For additional information on this project please contact the staff planner.
Grant Amann // email@example.com // 801-535-6171
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.