Zoning Map Amendment
Rocky Mountain Power – North Temple Headquarters Rezoning (Zoning Map Amendment)
Petition Numbers: PLNPCM2022-00450
Zoning District: M-1 – Light Manufacturing
Proposed Zoning District: TSA-UC-C – Transit Station Area – Urban Center – Core Zoning
Council District: District 2, Represented by Alejandro Puy
Melissa Jensen of the Giv Group representing property owner Utah Power and Light (part of Rocky Mountain Power) is requesting a zoning map amendment for a 3.57 acre parcel of land located at 1223 W North Temple as well as portions of the properties located at 1219, 1275 and 1407 W North Temple Street respectively. The requested change is from the M-1 – Light Manufacturing district to the TSA-UC-C – Transit Station Area Urban Center Core zoning district. The purpose of the amendment is to accommodate new office headquarters for Rocky Mountain Power that would be located on the combined 5.5 acre site. The rezone of this property and the headquarters office will be the inaugural project in the redevelopment of the larger Rocky Mountain campus in the future. This request only relates to the zoning designation of the identified properties. No specific site development proposal has been submitted or is under consideration at this time.
Property located at approximately 1219, 1223, 1275 and 1407 West North Temple Street.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Poplar Grove Community Council where the property is located. Notice has also been sent to the Chairs of the Jordan Meadows and Fairpark Community Councils which are within 600 feet of the project area. These organizations may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Esther Stowell, Chair, Poplar Grove CC – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Recognized organizations are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a recommendation to City Council on this petition.
- City Council will hold public hearing on this petition.
- City Council has final decision authority on this petition.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
The public comment period closed on August 30, 2022. For additional information on this project please contact the staff planner.
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
David J. Gellner, AICP, Senior Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.6107